We extend a warm welcome to all international students who are planning to study at the University of Mataram. This page serves as a valuable source of information, providing essential details on the immigration documents and procedures required for your smooth transition to studying in Indonesia. Here, you will find comprehensive guidance on the necessary documentation and application processes. We are committed to supporting you throughout your journey, ensuring that your immigration experience is streamlined and hassle-free, allowing you to focus on your studies and embracing the vibrant academic environment at our university.


πŸ”— Visa and KITAS πŸ”— Study Permit πŸ”— Exit Permit Only (EPO) πŸ”— Residency Certificate

Understanding the various immigration documents such as Visa, KITAS, Study Permit, EPO (Exit Permit Only), and Residency Certificate is crucial when planning to study at the University of Mataram (UNRAM).

  • Visa: A Visa is a permit that allows you to enter Indonesia. Depending on the length of your stay and purpose of visit, different types of visas are available, such as Student Visa or E-Visa. It is essential to obtain the appropriate visa before your arrival.
  • KITAS (Temporary Stay Permit): KITAS is a temporary stay permit granted to individuals intending to reside in Indonesia for a specific period, including international students. It provides legal residency during your study period. KITAS is applied and issued when you are currently under the Indonesian territory.
  • Study Permit: A Study Permit is a mandatory document for all international students studying at UNRAM. It is obtained through the Ministry of Education and serves as official permission to study at the university. The Study Permit may have different requirements and validity periods based on the duration of your studies.
  • EPO (Exit Permit Only): EPO is an official permit required if you wish to leave Indonesia permanently or not return after completing your studies. It ensures compliance with immigration regulations and should be obtained before your departure.
  • Residency Certificate: The Residency Certificate is a document issued by the local government authorities that confirms your legal residence in the designated area during your studies. It is important for administrative purposes and may be required for various transactions or registrations.

Understanding and adhering to the regulations surrounding these immigration documents is crucial to ensure a smooth and compliant study experience at UNRAM. Familiarizing yourself with the application processes, validity periods, and necessary renewal procedures will help you maintain your legal status, avoid any penalties or disruptions, and fully focus on your academic journey.