The Research Permit is a mandatory requirement for foreign researchers intending to conduct research activities in Indonesia, including at the University of Mataram. In compliance with Indonesian regulations (Govt. Regulation no. 41/2006), all foreign researchers must obtain an official permit from the Indonesian authority in advance. This permit ensures that research activities are conducted in accordance with the established guidelines and promotes a fruitful collaboration between researchers and Indonesian institutions. By obtaining a Research Permit, researchers can contribute to the exploration and advancement of knowledge in their respective fields while complying with the legal framework of the country. It provides the necessary authorization and safeguards for researchers to conduct their work and establishes a foundation for successful research collaborations between international and Indonesian academic communities.

Please carefully review the following steps outlined below for obtaining a research permit in order to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the application process:

  1. Collaboration Documents
    Before applying for a research permit at the University of Mataram, it is essential to ensure that all necessary collaboration documents, such as Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Memorandum of Agreement (MoA), and Institutional Agreement (IA), have been prepared and duly signed by the relevant parties. These documents serve as a formal agreement outlining the terms and conditions of the research collaboration between the University of Mataram and the research team.

  2. Research Permit Application
    To initiate the process of obtaining a research permit, the group or team leader of the research project should sign and submit an application through the SSO Portal of the National Research and Innovation Agency (BRIN).

For researchers planning to stay in Indonesia for a duration exceeding two months, we highly recommend applying for the Research Visa (E29) instead of opting for a Visa on Arrival. The KITAS permit provides an extended stay and offers greater flexibility for research activities. To explore the application process and requirements for obtaining the KITAS permit, please proceed to the dedicated 🔗KITAS and E-Visa application page for detailed guidelines and instructions.